Our property management team are well skilled and have many years of practical experience and extensive knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, Small Claims Tribunal and Management techniques. Both tenants and landlords have recognised the combined skills of our team.
Eagle Real Estate will look after your investment
Staff and tradespeople
- Experienced staff trained in all aspects of property management.
- We have been using our reliable, trustworthy tradespeople (plumbers, electricians, handymen, gardeners and cleaners) for over 20 years.
Selection of tenants
- We receive enquires about rental properties from the following sources: walk ins to our office, our own website in conjunction with realestate.com.au, referrals from current or previous clients and co operations with other agents.
- Potential tenants are carefully selected with employment and previous rental references checked thoroughly.
- We are a member of Tenancy Information Centre of Australia (TICA) enabling us to detect problem tenants faster.
- We take care of all Residential Tenancy Authority (RTA) paperwork and make sure the tenants are aware of all the rules before they enter the property.
- Tenants are required to pay a rental bond of four times the weekly rent. We arrange to submit the bond to the Residential Tenancy Authority (RTA) and will attend the Small Claims Tribunal on your behalf in the event that the bond is disputed.
Rent collection and arrears control
- Tenants can pay their rent at the bank or over the Internet using direct debit.
- Computerised trust account where all transactions are recorded on your monthly statement.
- Your funds are directly banked into your nominated account at the beginning of every month.
- Arrears are monitored and actioned daily with reminder text messages or phone calls. Any tenant that falls into arrears over 7 days will be issued a “Notice to remedy breach”. If the breach is not remedied 7 days after issuing the notice, a “Notice to leave” will be issued giving the tenants 9 days to vacate the property.
- Regular inspections of the property to maintain a high standard and attract the best tenants possible at the highest rent.
- We take care of any maintenance that may be required throughout the tenancy. We also offer suggestions for improving the property to achieve the best possible rental return and to increase the resale value of your investment.
- Our management fees are 7.5% of rental collected plus GST. There is a monthly fee of $3.30 to cover bank debit fees. We charge one weeks rent plus GST for finding a new tenant.
- We can pay your rates, body corporate fees or insurance on your behalf.
- We can provide you with landlord’s protection insurance.
- All fees paid to management agent are tax deductible.
- Free property management appraisals on request.
- We will review your rent accordingly.
- We like to keep all our tenants on fixed term leases. This means that we write to the tenant at least 8 weeks before the lease expires and ask them if they wish to stay on for a further term. If they don’t renew we advertise the property available for rent again and arrange to show prospective tenants through. We aim to line up a tenant for a day after the previous tenant has vacated.
We hope to be considered for the management of your property, as the staff at Eagle Real Estate has had thirty years of experience in this industry and like to keep personally involved. We are a family based agency and look forward to assisting your future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if you have any queries.